Posted in Books, tagged book blogger hop on March 26, 2010 |
6 Comments »
It’s that time again…
The book blogger hop is hosted by jennifer over at www.crazy-for-books.com and is a weekly meme where bloggers sign up to her site every week and hop away to find new bloggers. Each blogger who signs up lets people know what sort of books they review so it’s easy to find fellow bloggers. It’s great fun and a friendly atmosphere.
I have adapted this a little and chosen five of my favourite blogs of the week and from the hop and feature them on my blog. Here are my five for the week:
1. Pixie Stix Kids Pix
http://pixiestixkidspix.wordpress.com/ The owner of this blog is a professional in the children’s book industry so knows there stuff. There most recent post is a commentary on children’s publishing in the digital age- well informed.
2. Silly Little Game Called Life
http://sillylittlegame.blogspot.com/ Now I don’t just recommend this blogger because she gave me a blog award last week. On closer inspection this is a great blog reviewing mostly paranormal/fiction. A diverse site.
3. Smitten with Books
http://www.smittenwithbooks.blogspot.com/ An informed blog reviewing young adult fiction and if you have been following my posts you will know the subject of this genre has been of great interest to me lately.
4. Reader Buzz
http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/03/book-blogger-hop-say-hello.html Drew my attention for her reviews of picture books, be sure to check her out.
5. Tales of Whimsy
http://www.talesofwhimsy.com/ A clear and well laid out blog. reviews a range of books and is also niche through the christian chick lit reviews.
Read Full Post »
Friday is here and it’s time for the Book Blogger Hop. This is hosted by Jennifer at www.crazy-for-books.com so be sure to check out her blog first and see what all the fuss is about. The hop is only a few weeks in and still growing but it is growing fast. If you are a blogger and check in every week, you can see the new blogs labelled new and the old blogs labelled…old, simple as that. People are getting more accustomed to putting a little description in their McLinky now so that if you’re looking for something in particular, it’s a lot easier to find it. The hop is still evolving but it’s a great place to discover.
the rabbit’s tallying up all the blogs for us
The five blogs I have looked at tonight that I want to share with you are:
1. RHIANA READS http://rhiana-reads.blogspot.com/ Wonderful blog reviewing young adult fiction. There’s huge potential and growth in the YA genre at the moment so there’s definitely a need for a guide. Young adult fiction bridges the gap between children’s fiction and adult fiction and deals with important issues appropriately.
2. LOUD WORDS AND SOUNDS http://loud-words-and-sounds.blogspot.com/ Her first week on the hop so I’m sure she will be thrilled to have made an impact. A nice looking blog reviewing young adult romancy and fiction. Most bookstores now have a separate area for romance fiction. A big demand and a great form of escapism.
3. GRAMMAR GIRL http://librarymal.blogspot.com/ This first caught my eye because any fan of grammar is a friend of mine. Then I see she bought Operation Yes! by Sara Lewis Holmes who I discovered a few weeks ago over at http://saralewisholmes.blogspot.com/ Definitely worth checking out for a great range of book reviews.
4. RAMBLINGS OF A COFFEE ADDICTED WRITER http://ramblingsofacoffeeaddictedwrter.blogspot.com/ Full bodied and strong…the blog not the coffee. Great range of books coming up for review so have a look now. There’s even a review for goosebumps on there. Those were the days, almost as good at The Demon Headmaster.
5. IN THE HAMMOCK http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com/ A suitably beautiful blog reviewing young adult historical fiction. Helpful reviews for teens who like historical fiction but aren’t quite old enough for Elizabeth Kostova or Phillipa Gregory.
That was fun. See you next week for more hopping.
Read Full Post »